About E-Visa for Tourists
Ministry of Immigration & Population of The Republic of the Union of Myanmar allows the visitors to Myanmar e-Visa Online Application System starting from 1st September,2014.
Here is e-Visa Online Application information;
e-Visa Online Application System is currently only available to Tourists for Tourism purpose only.
- For more information about e-visa, please visit to <evisa.moip.gov.mm> and information on Restricted Areas in Myanmar, please go to <mip.gov.mm>
You will need the followings before you apply:
(a) Applicant’s passport validity must have at least (6) months.
(b) Applicant has to upload one COLOR PHOTO (4.8 cm X 3.8 cm) which was takenwithin (3) months.
(c) Applicant will need Visa, Master or American Express Credit Cards for the payment of USD 50.
- Tourist Visa processing information:
(a) The validity of e-Visa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
(b) Length of stay is (28) days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
(c) e-Visa service is none refundable.
(d) The applicant will receive an email acknowledgement within 1 hour after successful payment.
(e) The processing time is up to (3) working days. Note-Operating hours are Monday to Friday(Excluding weekends &Public Holidays)
- If the applicant has child(ren) under (7) years old on the same passport, the applicant has to put the name of that child, date of birth in the minor section of the application form.
- Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest houses and resorts during their stay in Myanmar.
- The applicant should complete individual personal data whether passenger is FIT or package tour.
- e-Visa is only valid for a single entry. Re-entry will require a new visa.
- Currently passengers with e-Visa are only permitted to enter via following ports:
Yangon International Airport.
Nay Pyi Taw International Airport .
Mandalay International Airport.
We will announce other ports of entry in due course.
- If the applicant is visiting Myanmar via cruise, please contact your Travel Agent for Pre-arrangement Visa on Arrival. The applicant will not be able to use e-Visa to enter Myanmar via seaport.
- If the decision is not allowed to entry, the applicant may return by the same flight.
- Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are giving visa exemption for (14)days:
(g) Thailand (Three International Airports Only)
- Passport holders from the following 100 countries and Taiwan are eligible to apply Tourist e-Visa currently:
No. Country Name No. Country Name 1. Argentina 51. Portugal 2. Australia 52. Romania 3. Austria 53. Russia 4. Bangladesh 54. Saudi Arabia 5. Belgium 55. Serbia 6. Brazil 56. Singapore 7. Brunei 57. Slovakia 8. Bulgaria 58. Slovenia 9. Cambodia 59. Spain 10. Canada 60. Sri Lanka 11. Chile 61. Sweden 12. China 62. Switzerland 13. Colombia 63. Thailand 14. Croatia 64. Turkey 15. Cyprus 65. United Kingdom 16. CZECH 66. United States of America 17. Denmark 67. Venezuela 18. Egypt 68. Vietnam 19. Estonia 69. Albania 20. Finland 70. Algeria 21. France 71. Belarus 22. Germany 72. Bhutan 23. Greece 73. Bolivia 24. Hungary 74. Bosnia 25. India 75. Cameroon 26. Indonesia 76. Costa Rica 27. Ireland 77. Côte d’Ivoire 28. Israel 78. Ecuador 29. Italy 79. Eritrea 30. Japan 80. Fiji 31. Korea, DPR 81. Georgia 32. Korea, Republic 82. Ghana 33. Kuwait 83. Guatemala 34. Laos 84. Guinea 35. Latvia 85. Iceland 36. Lithuania 86. Jamaica 37. Luxembourg 87. Jordan 38. Malaysia 88. Kazakhstan 39. Malta 89. Kenya 40. Mexico 90. Kyrgyzstan 41. Mongolia 91. Maldives 42. Nepal 92. Mauritius 43. Netherlands 93. Monaco 44. New Zealand 94. Morocco 45. Norway 95. Qatar 46. Pakistan 96. South Africa 47. Panama 97. Uganda 48. Peru 98. Ukraine 49. Philippines 99. Uruguay 50. Poland 100. Uzbekistan