Mogok : the land of Pigeon’s blood Rubies!
At 1170 meters above sea level, the mountain basin surrounding “Ruby Land” enjoys a fairly temperature climate. Royalty throughout the world have sought Mogok rubies and sapphires for many centuries. Alluvial limestone gravels are the source, and deposits are exploited by means of tunneling, pit-digging or panning-all performed by hand. Other precious and semi-precious stones found in Mogoke district include peridot, lapis, lazuli, moonstone, garnet and chrysoberyl.
The trip to Mogok features to observe local Ruby mines, local Gems markets, Gems cutting and polishing workshops at the famous Ruby mine of the world as well asto explore ethnic groups dwelling around Mogok ;such as Lishu, Li-Shaw, Palaung and to see their ways of life.
3 Days/2 Nights
Tour Departure: On request
Duration: 3Days/2 Nights (extendable)
Day 01: Mandalay - Mogok(By Road)
After breakfast, pick you up at your hotel and drive to Mogok (201 km approxi,6/7Hr drive).Stop at some villages along the way. Overnight at the Golden Butterfly Hotel in Mogok.
Day 02: Mogok
Visit Lin Yaung Chi Ruby mine, ShwePyi Aye Ruby Mine, Kyat Pyin Market,
Htar-PwesGem markets, gem cutting and polishing. Visit Lisu villages and places of interest in Mogok. Overnight at the Golden Butterfly hotel in Mogok.
Day 03: Mogok - Mandalay(By Road)
After breakfast, drive to Mandalay. Stop at some villages. Arrive in Mandalay and transfer to your hotel and end of the tour.
- Mogok trip needs travel permission for tourists.
- And escorted by a licensed Tour Guide along this journey.
- The permission process needs at least 1 month to 3 weeks in advance.
Tour Price Inclusions
- Travel Permission
- (2)Nights Hotel accommodation in double room shared basic with daily breakfast.
- transfers, transportation and sightseeing as per itinerary with private 4x4 a/c car
- Meals as per Tour itinerary
- Entrance fee
- English speaking tour guidealong the trip
- Drinking water & Wet Towels on sightseeing
- Travel insurance
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenditure (such as laundry, telephone, drinks. etc)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Any other services not listed as above price inclusions.